SEPTEMBER 20 2022COMIDA MEETING SEPTEMBER 20TH, 2022 OBSERVED BY DEBORAH RICE GORDON
This COMIDA meeting can be viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CR915swfxA
Chairperson Burr introduced Warren Jones, who is new to the Board. A motion passed to amend the August meeting minutes to include the request to have a representative from the building trades on the Board.
A local labor monitoring report was given by Kevin Loweke. In August, the residency of 538 workers was checked with 14 having a non-compliance issue. As of August 31st, all monitored sites are in compliance. The percentage of local laborers at the Amazon Manitou site was 72%.
Two local labor waiver requests due to a shortage of qualified workers in the area were discussed.
PROJECT APPLICATION REVIEW:
Requests for sales tax exemptions, recording tax exemptions and/or real property tax abatements were approved for the following projects:
• Magna Real Property LLC for the purchase and expansion of a facility on Jetview Drive in the town of Chili. XLI Manufacturing LLC, CBC Manufacturing and Golf Products Wire EDM will be tenants.
• MRG Holdings 1 LLC for the construction of a facility in the town of Riga. The building will be occupied by a tenant company in the transportation industry.
• American Packaging Corporation for the expansion of their existing facility in Chili.
PROJECT MODIFICATIONS: The following modification requests were approved:
• Wolf Solar LLC and Mantisi Solar LLC for cost increases for their projects in the town of Sweden.
• Seneca Building Partners LLC for approval of MVP Health Plan, Inc. as a new tenant in its building in Rochester.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR DISCUSSION
• Support of $5000 to the Genesee Country Village 2022 Agricultural Fair in exchange for training opportunities in conjunction with the event was approved.
• A possible joint effort between COMIDA and Eastman Kodak Company to secure grants for infrastructure improvements in Eastman Business Park was presented and discussed. A motion authorizing COMIDA to submit state and federal applications was passed.